Hey! A couple of days ago I baked a Lemon Drizzle loaf using Tanya Burr’s recipe. It turned out brilliantly and tastes amazing! Here’s the ingredients, method and some pictures of my cake! 🙂
For the cake ~
- 3 eggs
- 170g self-raising flour
- 170g caster sugar
- 170g butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Zest of 2 lemons
For the icing ~
- 150g icing sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix the eggs, flour, sugar, butter, baking powder and zest of two lemons in a mixing bowl.
- Line your loaf/baking tin with butter or baking paper.
- Pour the mixture in.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Slide a knife into the centre and if it comes out clean then it is ready.
- For the icing, mix together the icing sugar and juice of two lemons and stir.
- Poke holes with a knife or skewer into the cake and pour the drizzle over to soak in!
Then enjoy! This was the first time I baked this and it turned out so lovely. Thank you for the recipe Tanya Burr! ❤
Thank you so much for reading! ❤
Have you tried any of Tanya Burr’s recipes?
Please leave a comment and let me know!
Or you can email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Tweet me: @itssimplyme3
Love Abbie x