Hey! For today’s post I’ve got my recipe for Vanilla Fudge! I looked at a few different recipes and thought I’d just use my own measurements and add vanilla essence to create the best fudge! So here are the ingredients and the method if you want to try it out!
- 115g butter
- 100ml milk
- 450g demerera or soft brown sugar
- 397g can of Carnation condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Wooden spoon
- Square tin
- Baking paper
- Measuring jug
- Place all of the ingredients into the saucepan and melt over a low heat. Stir until all the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes. You MUST stir continuously and scrape the pan otherwise it will stick!
- Take care while the mixture boils and during stirring as the fudge will be VERY hot! To see if it’s ready, drop a little of the mixture into a jug of ice-cold water. A soft ball of fudge should form.
- Remove the fudge from the heat and stir until its very thick and starting to set. This can take like 15 minutes!
- Pour into the square tin and pat in evenly.
- Leave to set in the fridge and then cut into squares!
And there we go that’s my Vanilla Fudge! 🙂
Let me know if you try it out!
Thank you so much for reading!
I am blogging everyday this week! (8th-14th August)
What is your favourite thing to bake?
Please leave a comment and let me know!
Or you can email me on: email@example.com
Or Tweet me: @itssimplyme3
Love Abbie x