- 6 tablespoons (4 1/2 oz) of Golden Syrup
- 200g of Butter
- 330g (12 oz) of porridge oats
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F/180˚C/Gas mark 4.
- Grease the base of your baking tin.
- Place the golden syrup and butter into a large saucepan and heat gently until the butter has melted into the syrup and stir well.
- Take the saucepan off of the heat and stir in the porridge oats.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly to fill the tin.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven while the flapjack is still slightly soft, it will harden once cool.
- Place the tin on a wire cooling rack, cut the flapjack into squares and leave in the tin until completely cool.