Hey! It has been nearly two years since I have fully engaged with my blog, so I think it’s safe to say that I need to do a lil update. Oh and by a ‘lil’ update I mean a big update, so you may want to grab a cuppa and some snacks as this is going to be a long one! ❤
Over the last two years I have had some serious ups and downs! From qualifying as an Early Years Practitioner and securing a full time job, to being in hospital for tests, procedures and an operation to try and find out what’s going on with my health!
September – December 2017:
- My Dad and his partner (at the time – more on that later) got two new kittens!
- My mental health went considerably downhill and I struggled to attend sixth form. I needed lots of support and a reduced timetable in order to keep going with my qualification.
- I attended group support courses to help with my mental health.
- I returned to my part-time job after being signed off due to my mental health, and I was over the moon to be back at work!
- I spent October half term week at my Grandparents caravan with my Mum and then we met my Uncle, Auntie and cousins to celebrate my Grandma’s birthday.
- I applied for a part-time job at my childcare placement, smashed my interview and I was offered the job just minutes afterwards!
- My Great Grampy celebrated his 90th birthday with a big family party!
- I also got back together with my ex boyfriend in November (more on that later too!).
- In December I went ice skating, Christmas shopping, I enjoyed cute coffee catch ups with friends and I celebrated Christmas with all of my family!
- Oh and… my Dad bought me a car!
January 2018 – December 2018:
- My Grampy was unfortunately diagnosed with lung cancer and he had to have a serious operation to remove part of his lung. However he has since had the all clear!
- My Boyfriend and I went to Center Parcs with his family!
- I visited The Donkey Sanctuary with my family in February and we enjoyed the heavy snow at the beginning of March!
- In April I had an eye test and turns out I needed glasses!
- Throughout 2018 my boyfriend and I visited lots of places e.g my Mum and her partner’s caravan, the zoo, go-karting, Longleat and Torquay!
- In August we went on a family holiday to Cyprus.
- In September I went on a lovely boat trip with my Dad and his partner and I started my full time job as an Early Years Practitioner!
- In October my Dad and his partner bought two Border Collie puppies and I redecorated and revamped my room!
- Myself and my boyfriend celebrated our 1 Year Anniversary in November and sadly my Dad and his partner separated around this time.
- I celebrated Christmas and New Year with all of my friends and family.
- During 2018 I also experienced more health problems which landed me at the doctors numerous times, then that led to hospital appointments, lots of medications and procedures like an endoscopy, colonoscopy, a MRI scan, ECG’s, and an echocardiogram and various blood tests etc. I am honestly so grateful for the NHS. This has continued into 2019 and its now a little clearer that I am suffering with different chronic illnesses.
January 2019 – August 2019:
- On the 4th January 2019 I had a laparoscopy to hopefully have an answer to some of my health problems. My gynaecologist was sure I had Endometriosis but luckily ‘no endometriosis was found and everything seems healthy’. Although this is good news I still don’t have answers to a lot of my symptoms, so investigations and tests are still continuing.
- I recovered well and returned to work quickly! I also reunited with my best friend at the end of January!
- We had heavy snow at the beginning of February which meant snowy walks, sledging and snowball fights! I also spent some time with my family at a Nature Centre in February half term.
- In March I had a 24 hour ECG monitor fitted to try and find out what’s going on with my heart but I still require further tests.
- I went down to the Hampshire coast to stay in my Mum and her partners caravan with the family around Easter time and I started attending puppy training classes with my Dad and his puppy!
- In May we celebrated my boyfriends 21st birthday and we had a relaxing time at the spa!
- Towards the end of May I did something completely out of my comfort zone and I flew to America with my boyfriend and some of his family to go to Florida! Even though I had ages to prepare myself for this trip, my anxiety overwhelmed me. The flight out was terrible and the panic attacks had complete control over me. I struggled through and I am so proud of myself for coping. My boyfriend and I had some very difficult times during this holiday but we still made some incredible memories. I completed something off of my bucket list and I did that for ME! I experienced the Disney Parks, Universal Studios, the water parks, Discovery Cove, shopping in amazing outlet stores, new restaurants, a helicopter ride and so much more! I DID IT!
- When we returned home at the beginning of June, I returned to work and everything went back to normal. However, my boyfriend and I continued to argue and I needed to get out…I loved him but I knew I deserved better. Things had been going so wrong for months and it was seriously affecting my mental health. So I ended our relationship at the end of June and now I’m trying to heal and rebuild myself again. We have left on good terms and I wish him well for the future.
- In July I sadly had to have my cat put to sleep as he became unwell very suddenly. I also turned 20 and I celebrated my birthday with my close friends and family.
- I finished work for the summer and I received lots of gifts and cards from children who are moving to Reception class in September. It is honestly such a lovely feeling when parents/carers take the time to personally thank you. I am so grateful.
- So that brings us to now… For now I am concentrating on my health as it is continuing to deteriorate and I am still waiting for more tests and investigations to get the correct diagnoses, and then the correct treatments.
However I currently have these diagnoses (physical and mental health wise) – Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS), Tachycardia with sinus pauses (unknown cause as yet) and a variety of Gynaecological problems. I might do a more in depth post about my health story in the future!
- I am also enjoying my time off work – I am seeing my friends and family, trying to learn to drive again, relaunching my blog, attending doctor and hospital appointments and eating healthier!
Now if you have got this far in this post then – thank you so much for reading! That was a lot longer than I was anticipating, ooopsy! ❤
What is your highlight of the year so far?
Please leave a comment and let me know!
Or you can email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Tweet me: @itssimplyme3
Love Abbie x